Sunday, March 22, 2015

"Bee..." Art Journal Page by Mary


Hello fellow crafters. Today I want
to share with you my very first art journal page! I had so much fun
making this. I learned two things while doing this: there is no wrong
way to create and I love making a mess!




I
started with page with a coat of gesso. From there, I used all the
paint colors listed below to create the background. I just kept adding
layers. If I didn't like how the color turned out, I applied more gesso
to that area and started again. Once dried, I sprayed Lindy's at the top
of the page and let it run down. While the page was still wet I took a
paper towel and pressed to absorb the excess. In some places, it lifted
the color which added depth. After that I used stamps in select spots
across the page.  The brown spots were created by watering down brown
paint and using a fan brush to splatter it across the page. The edges of
page were inked with Vintage Photo, Walnut Stain and Black Soot.



The
honeycomb was first cut a part and then painted brown. Once it was
attached to the page, I used my finger to apply gesso in random spots.
The bees were first painted yellow and when that was dry, I used black
gesso for the markings. The Prima stamp was used on the wings.



 

There
were several hexagons pieces that I was able to pop from the honeycomb
to use. After the yellow paint was dry, I used some rub-on alpha's and
edged the tiles with Walnut Stain and Black Soot.

For the words, I
rubbed the letters onto white card stock and then used Walnut Stain
along the edges. Once they were adhered to the page, I used a charcoal
pencil to create the dark frame around each of them. For a softer look, I
used my finger to smudge the lines.


 Gina's Designs Products Used






Other Products Used:


Paint: Daler Rowney: Medium Yellow, Cream, Yellow Ochre, Lemon Yellow, Brilliant Red, Orange


Folk Art: Daffodil Yellow


Liquitex: Burnt Umber


Gesso


Rub-on Alpha Stamps from my stash


Stamps: RubberMoon - Mixed media 


Prima - #96081


White cardstock


Ink: Tim Holtz Distressed: Spiced Marmalade, Mustard Seed, Vintage Photo, Walnut Stain, Black Soot


Lindy's Stamp Gang - Summer Lovin' Sun


Black Charcoal





Thank
you to all the wonderful artists/crafters that shared their art
journals on various social media forums. You have all inspired me to
make the leap!







No comments:

Post a Comment