Friday, August 7, 2015

Steampunk Hot Air Balloon Embellishment by Kim C.


Hi everyone!  This week I wanted to show what great embellishments you can make with items from Gina's Designs!!


We are also having a cross promotion with The Robin's Nest this month!


I used the Steampunk Border for this embellishment.









I cut off the hot air balloon from the bottom and this is what I created with it!!








I first gave it a couple coats of gesso.  I then painted it with paints from ColourArt. Next, some pattern paper from my stash was added.








I added some dew drops from The Robin's Nest on the balloon as well as the bottom gear. Crackle medium was added to the top of the balloon in all the little openings.


This is now ready to add to any project, like a card, tag, or maybe even a layout.  I will be using this at a later time in an upcoming project.  Or maybe I just might put a magnet on the back and hang it up.  This would make a great magnet for the fridge, hmmm....





Gina's Items Used:






The Robin's Nest Item Used:






Other items used:


Graphic 45 Steampunk Debutante


Crackle Accents


ColourArte Paints





Thanks for stopping!!


Kim :)

1 comment:

  1. This is beautiful, Kim. I love the color combo and the papers you chose are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete