Friday, September 18, 2015

Desk Picket Fence Clock


Hello ladies and gents! When I saw this picket fence clock, I was super excited to alter this.  I gave the fence a weathered paint look with a crackle technique.  The slates were painted with two coats of flat black paint, then  crackle medium.  Once it was dried, I added vintage ivory acrylic paint and then added black distress ink to all the edges.  










I added a birdcage, which I manipulated to give it some dimension. I pained it with Snow-Tex for more dimension and added a very small flower to the top. 








The clock face I used Prima paper along with the base of the fence. The numbers on the clock I painted with black ink, then used my finger to added gesso to make the numbers pop.  I also added gesso to the clock hands to make them stand out more.









The flourish details were inked with two different distress inks, Crushed Olive and Forest Moss, and then, using my finger, gesso was added for dimension.  I then added several flowers from my stash to finish it off.









I just love the way this came out!  Thanks for stopping and have a crafty day!





Gina's Designs Items Used:








Other Items Used:


Prima Stationer's Desk


Distress Inks: Forest Moss & Crushed Olive


Gesso


Wild Orchid Craft Flowers


Acrylic Paints: Ivory & Black


Folkart Crackle Medium


Snow-Tex

No comments:

Post a Comment