Monday, October 12, 2015

Fall Door Hanger by Barb







My house might not be clean (who's got time for that?!), but it is decorated for the season!





I had fun making this autumnal door hanger. I love that Gina's Designs not only carries bits and pieces to put on crafty items, but the bases that are so often needed to begin a project. Such is the case with these sturdy Door Hangers.





I began my project by using a putty knife to spread orange, brown, and white acrylic paint on the door hanger. I spritzed it with both copper and gold irRESISTibles to give it some shimmer. Then I set it aside to dry thoroughly. While it was drying, I chose some leaves from the Fall Shape Set. I dabbed various colors of acrylic paint on these as well. Then I sprinkled them with matching glitters. 










Using those leaves as well as some silk leaves and a paper flower that I have in my "craft stash", I then assembled the piece with glue. 





I felt like the piece still needed something - a little more color and texture. So, I dabbed on Distress Stickles to both the background and the leaves. I also stamped on the branches using Chocolate Brilliance ink.





Now the inside of my home is as colorful as the outside is! I definitely need to get more of the door hangers so I can make one for every holiday and season. I'm already plotting out a Christmas design in my mind!





Gina's Designs Products Used













Other Products Used





Acrylic paints


Stickles


irRESISTibles spray


Brilliance Ink


Glitter


Rubber stamp by RubberMoon: Tall Tree

No comments:

Post a Comment