Saturday, December 19, 2015

Altered Birdhouse by Shanna

Hello all you lovelies. It is my turn to tempt you with some yummy chipboard today! I decided to alter some chipboard pieces. I honestly dumped out my goodies on the floor, grabbed, and said let's do this!
So I started with this piece from the Retro Shape Set. I knew I wanted it to look rustic and vintage and patina-ish.
I started with some acrylic glaze. I used my finger, the goal is not to be perfect, and leave more paint in some areas than other. Then I heat set it immediately!!! Watch the magic happen. 

You can see here how the paint is puffy right? Well once cooled to touch smoosh it down. See the texture that creates.
I went in on top with a rusty color and heat set again. I did two round of this color to get the full color and look I was going for. 
Here is my finished look. What do you think?
Everything else got a coat of acrylic paint and I added some bling for a eye popping effect. 
I dug this crown out and thought it went perfect on top of this bird house I had hanging out. 
The crown even has a little texture on top too. It was so fun to create!
Thank you so much for stopping by today. Make sure to check back regularly for more inspiration!!

Items Used:

No comments:

Post a Comment