Thursday, December 10, 2015

Swing Style Christmas Card and Tag

Hi everyone.  It's time for another Christmas card and tag today.  Cards and tags are so fun to make with Gypsy Soul Laser Cuts chipboard embellishments because it gives them a nice dimension without adding a lot of bulk. 




My card is called a swing through card.  I used my silhouette to cut the pieces, but it could be easily replicated with some circular dies.  

After putting the card together, I colored each ornament with intense water colors and pearlized dimensional paint.  I adhered them to the swing cut outs and added more dimensional paint in the center of the flower.  

A pine cone with a few berry stickers were added, as well as a "Seasons Greetings" word from scrapbook paper.

      
                          Card Front                                          Card Back

The really cool thing about this type of card is the way it opens and is free standing, making it ideal to use as a Christmas decoration.  Here it is when you open the card.  It shows both the front and back focal points. 

For the tag, I layered some scrapbook papers and cut it into a tag shape.  I used black acrylic paint for the body of the  penguin, and colored the parts with my intense water colors.  I added a pair of mittens to keep his little flippers warm, and used a black marker to draw in his eyes.

To make the peppermint candy, I used two chippies and colored both sides of each with red and white paint.  I adhered them together so the red would show through the openings on the white side, and vice versa.  I used a glue dot to adhere it to a ribbon bow at the top, and added the "Happy Holidays" cut from a piece of scrapbook paper.


Supplies Used:

Swirled Ornaments Set 2 (coming soon)
Christmas Shape Set

Green cardstock
Scrapbook paper
Silhouette Cut File (optional)
water colors
Water brush
Pearlized paint

I hope you enjoyed this fun project and will stop by the Gypsy Soul Laser Cuts store for all your Christmas projects.  

Thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful, creative weekend!

Barbara

1 comment:

  1. Barbara,
    Your tag and card are absolutely adorable - big smiles.

    ReplyDelete