Monday, January 11, 2016

Shabby Desk Organizer by Lynne

Yes my work table really IS a hot mess! When I read the description for the Desk Organizer 2 I knew it had to be mine...

The organizer went together easily. I papered it with Kaisercraft Rustic Harmony and added a bit of stenciling with texture paste. The edges were painted with sage green acrylic paint then rubbed with gold Gelato as was the border strip I attached at the top. I added a little dangly bling along the one upper edge and some fussy cut flowers on the front of the drawer.

The organizer is perfect  for my small paper pads.  I might actually remember to USE them!! When they were hidden away, it was a definite case of "out of sight-out of mind". The drawer holds a few partial pads that are in bags to contain the smaller pieces and the little jars along the top (which I papered to match) hold various fibers and twines.

Now whether I actually get more organized remains to be seen, but at least I have some great-looking storage pieces on my worktable (I have the Desk Organizer 1 and the Brush Caddy as well) Even if your scraproom is super-tidy, this is a great piece to have and is also fun to decorate!

Gypsy Soul Laser Cuts Items Used

Other Items Used
Kaisercraft Rustic Harmony papers
Prima circle lattice stencil
Graphic 45 button brad (knob)
Metallic Gelatos

No comments:

Post a Comment