Monday, May 23, 2016

Tag Box Birthday Reminder by Lynne

Hello there! One of the traits I'm known for is my absolutely terrible memory. I don't know how many times a day I say,  "now what did I come in HERE for??" If I go to the store for two things I'm bound to leave without at least one of them. And remembering to send birthday cards??? Well I'm sure you can guess I don't always manage that! I thought this little box with the tags was so cute and wanted to do something useful with it so I came up with the idea of creating a birthday reminder so that I'd (hopefully) never miss sending a card again!


The main sentiment of the Graphic 45 paper I used is "Let Them Eat Cake"...now,  I know the historical origin of the phrase-Marie Antoinette during the French Revolution-but the first thing I thought of is birthday cake (It just so happens I also love baking and cake decorating) so I thought it was the perfect paper for my project. The pocket on the one side is for extra paper strips for adding birthdays.


I attached the strips with repositionable adhesive so that I could move them around should I want to add  more names in the future,  as I wanted to keep them chronological. (I blurred the names of my birthday people to protect their privacy)



The lovely papers just begged to be fussy cut,  and I popped a lot of the cutouts up with foam adhesive. Adding bits of lace and cheesecloth and some die cut/punched foliage (as well as some lace and ribbon tied at the top)  was all I needed to finish my project. The ledge at the front of the box is  the perfect spot for this month's tag.

Thanks so much for stopping by and I wish you a wonderful week-may you remember what you went into a room for every time!

Gypsy Soul Items Used
Tags in a Box Display

Other Items Used

Graphic 45 Gilded Lily papers
Martha Stewart punch
Memory Box die

No comments:

Post a Comment