Sunday, August 28, 2016

Dragonfly Altoids Mixed Media Book Cover By Ginny Nemchak

Hey there Paper Peeps. Ginny here to share a great little mixed media project I created with the Altoids Book Cover and layers and layers of chippies from Gypsy Soul Laser Cuts and oodles of mixed media supplies.

What's great about this cover is it's like working with a mini canvas. Also is realllly thick so there's no need to worry about sprays and paints and gels. I really went at it with every supply I had I think and it's still nice and sturdy with absolutely no warping. To create a nice base I used some texture paste and a brick wall stencil to add dimension. After giving all the elements a coat of gesso I decided on the arrangement and glued it all in place. I used just about all my sprays and mists to create a very mottled effect. For the bloby areas I took the sprayer out of the bottle and dabbed it on for a more opaque effect.
I used the Chains & Gears Frame snipped in half to give me pieces for the front and back. These were given a layer of Steel Luxe paint.
 

There is an additional gear from the Steampunk Shapes Set tucked under the wing from the Dragonfly.  Itty bitty micro beads for accent and a large bling jewel.
I used some washi tape on the Altoids tin so it would be neutral and give your eye someplace to rest between all the patterns.  Before adhering the cover I added pretty dyed silk ribbon to tie a simple loopy bow.
The back has the same elements and finishes.
This is a better angle to see the layers and shimmer from the sprays.  Those leaves are from the Fanciful Elements set.

~Gypsy Soul Laser Cuts Supplies~
Altoids Book Cover ( coming soon)
Okay that's all for me wishing all of you a happy and productive day with lots of time to be creative : ) G


No comments:

Post a Comment