Monday, August 1, 2016

Facebook Challenge for August by Dianna

Hi everyone, Dianna here with a new Project for Gypsy Soul Laser Cuts Monthly Challenge.  The first of each month there is a new challenge. This month's challenge is a color challenge! You can submit a new project that has anything to do with Fairy Tails - any Character or Characters (i.e. fairies, mermaids, dragons, etc). 

All you have to do is become a member of the Facebook Craft Group and submit your entry on the Facebook Craft Group page.  The winning entry will receive a $10.00 gift certificate to Gypsy Soul Laser Cuts.



I choose Graphic 45's Mother Goose Collection for Gypsy Soul Laser Cuts - Hidden Drawer Book Box Large.  I assembled the box and painted it cream. I then inked it brown, then used a bronze paint and dry rubbed it on the box for a burnished look.  


I assembled the inside box and painted it a green that matches the green in the paper. 



The mini album is something I made up to fit inside of the book box.  Cut the paper at 9-1/2 wide and score at 4-3/4 cut the length at 7-1/2 long and score at 7 inches and cut one side and corner the ends.  I used scrap chipboard and cut it down to 7 x 1-3/4 for a base to attach the spine.  I wanted something sturdy that could be used to take the mini album in and out.  The spine is 3-3/4 with a score on each side at 1/2 and 2-3/4 with a score at 1/2.  


I painted Gypsy Soul Laser Cuts String Alongs - Moon & Stars white then used yellow chalk ink and Stickles for bling.  


I painted the Gypsy Soul Laser Cuts Star and Flourish Borders and Corners, light blue and used white Stickles for added bling.  


I created flaps with extra pieces from another project.  


I used Copic Markers to create pages on the ends of the book box.  


I fussy cut sections of Graphic 45's Mother Goose front pages and used my Xyron Creative Station and Stamp Maker for a clean layering effect.  


Finished!

Thank you for looking!

Items Used

Other Items
Mother Goose Collection

No comments:

Post a Comment