Tuesday, August 30, 2016

Faux Book Box

Thank you so much for stopping by today to see some new inspiration on the Gypsy Soul Blog today. It's Teresa here again as a guest designer this month and I am sharing a really pretty box I just finished using the Faux Book Box and the Victorian Wall Shelf.


This was a really fun project to make and the boxes go together so easily.  This one I glued together first and gave it a quick coat of paint to seal around all the edges in a peachy tan color.  Then I traced and cut pieces of the Prima Vintage Emporium papers and inked them all up.  Then I glued them on and added that little punched border around the bottom edge in ivory printed paper to give it a more lacy look.  For the top I wanted a bit more added dimension so I used a stencil and some crackle medium and applied it with a spatula.  Then I let it all dry really good.


For my laser cuts i inked them in pink and peach chalk inks and then antiqued it up a bit with a subtle brown around the edges.  I let all of them dry and then glued it to the top and front of the box.  The flowers and leaves I added next and to finish it I glued a brad on the top with a nice sentiment inside of it.  On the back I added tiny little hinge I found at the craft store by my house so that I could open the top up easily to put fun things inside.

You can use it for a trinket box or go a little further and create a cute mini book to go inside of it.  I have lots of paper so I think i will do the mini book next and I have the perfect person in mind to give it to.  Below is my supply list so you can create one for yourself!!

Supply List:
Faux Book Box

Prima Vintage Emporium 6x6 pad, flowers and brads
Prima Gesso and paint brush
Americana Gloss enamels in Flesh tone
Border Punch and leaf punch
Scotch Quick Dry Adhesive
Chalk inks in pink, peach, white and brown
scissors and paper trimmer

Have a great day and have fun making something crafty!

No comments:

Post a Comment