Wednesday, August 3, 2016

Parisian Shadow Box by GDT Rhonda!



 I am SO EXCITED that you popped by for a visit! This is going to be a very exciting month and a time for me to share my adventure as a Guest Designer for Gypsy Soul Laser Cuts. I am honored to be able to work with such a creative company and could never thank Gina enough for this opportunity. 

Each week during the month of August, I will be sharing a unique project using some of the amazing products from Gypsy Soul Laser Cuts. There are so many themes and items available, you would have never imagined. Be sure to pay them a visit. My first project involves, for those who know me this will be no surprise, a Parisian theme! I'm obsessed with all things French and there are several to choose from at Gypsy Soul Laser Cuts.

One of my favorite color combinations is pink and black. It reminds me of my childhood for some reason. This is the 7x7 Shadow Box with a Paris theme. This is what you get in the kit....


I also used items from the Parisian Shape Set. You really get a good amount of items to choose from, which I love. Who wouldn't?


Look how fabulous this turned out! Now you are hopefully inspired to do your own. That is why I created a couple of tutorials to show you not only how I designed the shadow box itself, but how to add vintage glass glitter and other elements. 





I recently received this wonderful new stamp from Character Constructions newest stamp set called, "Paris Flea". This stamp comes from Plate No.4. I added lace and sewed some wonderful glass beads to her skirt. 

The next part of my project involved working with one of my favorite things. Yep, Vintage Glass Glitter. It just gives such life to an item as well as depth and beauty. But you do need to be a tad careful so as to not get a tiny cut, especially under the nails. Ouch.



 But don't let the fact that it is glass intimidate you. It's easy to work with and the results are fantastic.


Once I had all of the design elements I wanted to use, I placed the items on my shadow box to decide exactly where I wanted them to permanently be. I was able to easily add layers by using White Adhesive Foam. The more raised I wanted the item, the more layers I added. 


For the outer Eiffel Tower and "Paris" elements, I used some weight to hold each item down while the glue dried. I wanted a really solid attachment. 


Add a couple of vintage pins and now my Parisian beauty is complete. And as you can see from the pictures above, I have a ton of extra elements to play with. Won't be a problem for me since I am such a fan of Paris. 

 
I hope you are inspired. Feel free to ask questions and I would LOVE to hear your feedback! Be sure to stop by again next week. All I will say is, do you believe in Fairies? 

xoxo
Rhonda...

Supplies Used from Gypsy Soul Laser Cuts:

Supplies Used from Alpha Stamps:
Distress Paints - Antique Linen
Metallic Distress Paints - Tarnished Brass

Stamped Beauty
Character Construction Paris Flea

No comments:

Post a Comment