Wednesday, September 14, 2016

Business Card Holder & Tablet/Phone Holder by GDT Lora



Hello everyone, Lora Mahaffey here again making stuff with the awesome designs that come from Gina at  Gypsy Soul Laser Cuts. It's great to be a guest designer at GSLCuts....I get to play with cool things and I get to make them for Halloween. I love Halloween. Just making sure that those who didn't know that are properly informed.

This post is all about the Tablet/Ipad/Phone Holder and the Business Card Holder. I occasionally sell at markets and craft shows and have needed something to hold my tablet in when I show slides of my work and a business card holder. Both needed to be nice enough to display on my table and since Halloween is just around the corner, I decided to bust out the G45 'Rare Oddities' 8x8 pad and play with it.



It's really well suited for both holders...I like the scale of the designs and the background paper (Bo Bunny Vintage Dot Shadow) is the perfect paper to set off the more muted tones of the G45 designs.

 
I decided to let the designs of the holders and the papers speak for themselves and didn't add any doodads, which is working well for me as they have been traveling around in a box of jewelry display pieces and get knocked around a bit. I like the fact that they are practical, serve a purpose and still look good!
 
The other thing that's really nice about the Tablet Holder is that it holds a sign very nicely, so when I'm not using it for a slide show, it does duty identifying my table at the market.

 
To give them a nice long life, I gave them both a couple of coats of varnish. I used Liquitex Matte Acrylic Varnish which gives a nice finish and makes them easier to wipe down when needed.

Supplies
Tablet/Ipad/Phone Holder
Business Card Holder

Graphic45 "Rare Oddities" 8x8 Tablet
Liquitex Acryllic Matte Varnish
Liquitex Matte Medium
Brilliance 'Galaxy Gold Ink
Tim Holtz Distress Ink Vintage Photo

Thank you for stopping in!


2 comments:

  1. Since the airbags are located in the middle of the steering wheel, Phone holder for bathroom

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice post, keep up with this interesting work. It really is good to know that this topic is being covered also on this web site so cheers for taking time to discuss this! Best Tablet Stands

    ReplyDelete