Sunday, September 4, 2016

Shabby Chic Halloween Wall Hanging Home Decor

Hey these Paper Peeps! Ginny here to share a twist on a Halloween décor wall hanging. I created this project with all the usual details.....but kept color palate in shabby chic with added textures like the burlap and feather boa. And of course fabulous chippies from Gypsy Soul Laser Cuts.



Isn't this sophisticated yet spooktacular all at the same time?  It really just perfect for a country and shabby décor.
 An extra wide checked ribbon hanger seemed to be just right for this black and white color scheme.
I love these pumpkins so much. a base coat of white acrylic and micro beads for the eyes and mouths are a graphic statement.  I've added a fancy shmancy ribbon slide and some country inspired burlap flowers with spider web netting.

There's a washi tape border to give a nice clean finished edge on this super thick chipboard base. A large piece of natural colored burlap adds a ton of texture.
I used the Fanciful Elements frame with a bit of chicken wire in the back to provide a nice focal area to layer the pumpkins and batty bat.  I am in love with this feather boa....even if it took forever to clean up the stray bits.
There is so much dimension built into this wall hanging. I think this is one of my favorites!!

Gypsy Soul Laser Cut Supplies~ Fanciful Elements, Chicken Wire, Spooky Shapes Set.
Okay that's all for me. Wishing all of you a happy and productive day with lots of time to be creative : ) G

No comments:

Post a Comment