Monday, September 26, 2016

Welcome to the Nuthouse - Fall Canvas by Lynne

Hello there and happy fall! So far we're having gorgeous weather here in Southwestern Ontario after a hot and stick summer. In honour of this gorgeousness, I decided to create a canvas with some warm fall colours and one of my favourite little creatures!

I dry-embossed the chipboard leaves using a leaf-themed Darice embossing folder by lining them up as closely as possible with similar-sized leaves on the folder to get the lines in the right places. The pumpkins were covered with corrugated cardboard. The heart was dry-embossed.


I attached some bits of crumpled tissue paper and pieces of burlap and cheesecloth for texture as well as some mesh ribbon and corrugated cardboard. I  added some stenciling with texture paste then primed everything with gesso before painting it with gold acrylic paint.



I then used Colourarte Silks and Twinkling H20s to add some splashes of warm colour here and there.
I finally figured out how I  wanted to add texture to the cute little squirrel (after trying a couple techniques that provided somewhat less than stellar results....hey that happens to all of us right??) I combined texture paste with microbeads and spread it with my finger for a rough texture. When it was dry I painted it gold.

I then sprayed the canvas with a variety of mists and added some brown ink on the letters as well as on the edge of the squirrel. I  attached a couple metal and wooden embellishments to finish it off. This little project will suit my house perfectly for fall decor, not only because I love squirrels, but because my home is definitely a bit of a nuthouse....and that's just the way I like it! Wishing you a happy and at least mildly nutty week!

GYPSY SOUL ITEMS USED

OTHER ITEMS USED
gold acrylic paint
gesso
Twinkling H20s and Silks by ColourArte
mists by Tattered Angels
Mister Huey's
Recollections
Heidi Swapp
Prima static stencil 6x6

No comments:

Post a Comment