Thursday, October 27, 2016

Halloween Favor Box or Table Decor

Happy Halloween!!  This is my favorite time of year for making all of my macabre projects.  In keeping with that theme, I chose to make a Coffin Box Miniature and decorate it with more fun Gypsy Soul Laser Cuts!


This set comes with two coffin boxes which are perfect for party favors or decorations.  I laid out a top and bottom onto a piece of print paper and cut around the box pieces to get an idea of where I want the print to appear on the box.


Cut around the pieces, leaving a slight margin.


Run papers through Xyron machine, or simply glue to box pieces with glue of choice.  Place pieces face down onto paper for easiest folding.


Trim excess paper, cut through box slits, and assemble box top and bottom.


If you want to finish off the inside, the easiest way would be to paint it with a coordinating color in the paper.  I used black, and then edged the pieces with silver ink pad to match the silver spider web design in my paper.


I used pigment ink and embossing powders to cover each of my laser cut pieces.


Bat = Marquasite EP
Spider = Peridot EP
Spiderweb = Black EP
Mouse = Brown EP

Glue pieces to outside of coffin box, as shown.  Make "spikes" with 3D silver paint around box lid.  The lid is still removable even though my curious little mouse is trying to take a peek inside.  He is only glued to the side of the lid.


 Twist a small piece of 20g black wire.


Adhere one end of wire to back of bat with white glue.  Set aside to dry.


Pierce box top with paper piercer and insert opposite end of wire into box.  Lift cover and add white glue.  Let dry.





Supplies used:

GSL Coffin Box Miniatures
GSL Spiders and Webs
GSL Creepy Critters Shape Set

Spiderweb print paper
Adhesive
Black acrylic paint
Embossing Powders
Pigment ink pads
20g black wire

Well, I just realized how "black and white" my project looks, very much like an old Alfred Hitchcock movie.  Anyway, if you want more color, just change up the papers and embossing powder colors. However, I am getting a pretty cool vibe from this old-time presentation.  I hope you enjoyed it.

Thanks for stopping by, and be sure to check out all the fab laser cuts Gypsy Soul Laser Cuts has to offer.

Have a frightfully fun Halloween!!

Barbara

No comments:

Post a Comment