Friday, November 18, 2016

Happy Harvest Canvas

Hello, hello!  I'm so thrilled to be here! My name is Sandy Trefger and I'm so excited to be an educator for Gypsy Soul Laser Cuts!  This is my first project and my first blog post for GSL.  But enough about that, let's jump into this project.  First of all, I had a hard time deciding what I wanted to use from all the wonderful chipboard choices over in the GSL store.  Once I knew I wanted to create an Autumn canvas piece, I selected the Fall Shape Set and the Fanciful Elements. Here is my finished canvas...

It's an 8"x 10" flat canvas done in a 3D style with lots of mixed media goodness--acrylic paint, texture paste, glitter paint, embossing glitter, etc.  Rather than hanging it on the wall, I purchased a metal stand for it and will be displaying my canvas on a buffet table in our dining room.


I just love all the different layers I was able to achieve with the chipboard pieces combined with a few flowers and other metal embellishments.


I hope that you will want to create a Happy Harvest canvas too.  Below is my YouTube video with the steps that I took to create mine.  Use any paints and other mixed media pastes and sprays that you have on hand to create the color palette that you love.  I started out with brighter colors on mine but kept adding more copper, gold and platinum to achieve this metallic look.  That's the fun of mixed media--you just keep adding until you are "done."

              

Here are a few more photos of my canvas.


Supply List:
  • Gypsy Soul Laser Cuts Fall Shape Set
  • Gypsy Soul Laser Cuts Fanciful Elements
  • 8 x 10 flat canvas
  • Gesso
  • Smooth Texture Paste
  • Acrylic Paint - Orange, Metallic Gold, Black, Brown
  • Glitter or Texture Paint - Orange, Brown
  • Distress Stain - Green
  • Spray On Color - Green, Gold, Brown
  • Rub On Paste Paints - Platinum, Gold, Copper
  • Embossing Ink
  • Gold Glitter Embossing Powder
  • Gold Embossing Powder
  • Distress Inks - Orange, Brown & Black
  • Metal Embellishments-knob, gears, flower
  • Assorted Flowers, Small
  • Twine
  • Rhinestones - Beige or Gold
  • Glossy Accents or other clear wet glues
Feel free to leave a comment if you have any questions or just comment to let us know you stopped by.  Visit my blog for more of my craft projects at:  www.sandytrefger.blogspot.com

Happy Crafting!
~Sandy

1 comment:

  1. Your canvas turned out just beautiful, Sandy, and I really enjoyed watching the video process. TFS

    ReplyDelete