Sunday, December 4, 2016

Sleigh Floral Centerpiece by Ginny

Hey there Peeps! Ginny here and I'm having a good ol time decking the halls and adding Christmas cheer everywhere I can. This centerpiece will look great on my table and make a great addition to our holiday display.


Isn't it just grand???? This is the Santa Sleigh Kit which was super easy to assemble and with just a few finishing touches I was able to create a centerpiece that works perfectly in our home.
Using the side of the sleigh as a template I traced the patterned paper and cut to size.
I gave all the pieces a coat of chalkboard paint because I love the depth of color it gives. Remember to finish all the pieces inside and out since this centerpiece can be seen from all sides by your guests.
The runners are finished with Steel Luxe paint. OOOHHH shinyyyy!!!

Assembling the sleigh was easy and took just a bit of glue to keep it together. I used Tombo Multi since it dries clear and quickly.
Attach the patterned paper and use a file to get a perfect fit  . Next adhere the runners with the Tombo glue and hold it in place while it set up.
Watering down white glue makes it thin enough to paint on getting into all the nooks and crannies. Once I had a good coating  I sprinkled on fine clear glitter and shook off the excess.  It dried pretty quickly so I could move on to the next step.
Adding a nice big block of floral foam gave me a perfect base to insert the stems of holiday picks. I chose a variety of picks purchased from the local discount store. Some had poinsettias and faux fruits and some had pine cones. I also included a few large jingle bells that were attached to floral stems and tucked in to fill gaps.
The glitter adds a nice little bit of sparkle as well as tones down the very contrasting pattern of the holiday scrapbook paper.
Keep in mind that centerpieces can be viewed from the top as well and are lighted by the chandelier above your table so make sure you're really filling in the flowers and not leaving gaps that will be noticeable  by your guests.

Gypsy Soul Laser Cuts~ Santa's Sleigh Kit

Okay that's all for me. I'm off to add this to my holiday table and enjoy it when our guests arrive for Christmas! Wishing all of you a happy and productive day : ) G

1 comment: