Sunday, December 25, 2016

Snowflakes and Bookmarks

Merry Christmas to all of you and I hope that you holidays have been filled with joy, peace and happiness spent with your family and friends.  It's such a fun time to spend baking and cooking and making special gifts to give,  I really do love the magic of Christmas!!


If you were lucky enough to receive a favorite book for Christmas or just have to the finally to sit by the fire and read a good one, I have a fun and quick project that you can do.  GSLC has lots of these beautiful tags that you can decorate anyway you want so I got a few of them out and set to work to create a few for my winter book reading.  The tags come in 2 sizes.  I chose the large tags D92B for mine.  I first traced around each of them both front and back with papers from my stash and then cut it, sanded around the edges and then inked them with a light brown chalk ink.


Then I set to work and decorated each of them with die cuts and punched snowflakes to match and also stamped images.  The papers from Maja Designs Vintage Frost Basics gave each one of them a really pretty look and they also had pretty images that I could cut out and decorate on the tops of my bookmarks that I made to share with all of you.


This one is my favorite.  Not only for the tag, but for the beautiful St. Nicolas image that I found.


It was really fun to add pearls, Stickles and other fun little goodies to make them look more winter like.  We don't get much snow here in California so crazy as it may be, I love snowflakes!!


Here is a quick photo of the tags and the shapes of each.  They are the perfect size for all kinds of projects.  Holidays, Birthday and even baby showers!!  

Thanks so very much for stopping over and from all of us at GSLC we wish you
a Very Merry Christmas and a very Happy New Year!!

1 comment:

  1. These are gorgeous!!! Love the looks of the beautiful snowflakes on the striped background especially! It's a day late but Merry Christmas to you too, Teresa!

    ReplyDelete