Thursday, February 2, 2017

Tags in a Box Display . . .





I'm loving this little gem Gina, owner of Gypsy Soul Laser Cuts, has designed. The kit comes with 6 tags and the holder. The tags are made of heavy chipboard and are very sturdy.


So easy to put together, simply match notches to slots and adhere in place with wet glue. I use Beacon 3-in-1 or Beacon Fabri-Tac. Either one works great.


Once the adhesive dried, I mixed a bit of acrylic pink with acrylic beige and painted the inside of the box. Then wallpapered with Prima Marketing papers. Whenever I put paper to chipboard, I always use Frank Garcia's Memory Hardware Artisan Adhesive Tapes. They are the strongest tapes I've ever used.

Next, it was time to decorate the tag holder. I combined several of GSLCuts including Border Sticks (Lace), Victorian Corners 2, Damask Singles and Butterflies from the Butterfly & Dragonfly collection


The Gypsy Soul Laser Cuts chipboard was first covered with VersaMark and then heat embossed with bronze embossing powder.  The Damask Single was adhered to the front (off center) and the Lace Border Sticks adhered to the top of the box. 


The little girl with wings was cut from the Prima paper and then I added another butterfly wing (also bronze embossed) behind the little girl. The girl and all her wings were popped up on the front of the holder. Stickles were added to her flowers.


Time for a tag. The kit includes 6 tags total but you can get more tags here: Extra Tags for Tags In A Box.  I think this would be adorable for family birthdays. Each person gets a tag and you could decorate them accordingly.


The tags rest comfortably at the front of the box and are held in by the slight chipboard *stopper*. 

Another idea: How 'bout making that small piece of chipboard into a fence with one of these: GSLCuts Fences

This Tags In A Box set would be adorable for beach vacation photos or maybe (with the extra tags available) a child's school year.

(Sorry, ideas just popped in.) I used another butterfly and the Victorian corner and heat embossed both of those in bronze. When embossing delicate pieces, I keep them in their original chipboard form. Here I added VersaMark ink, sprinkled with embossing powder and heat set.




Once it was heat set, I took them out of their *shell*.  

Queen Anne's Lace flower & its pod were whitewashed with a bit of acrylic paint. I used Prima's Crystal Glass Beads and adhered them with Art Glitter Glue. Then used seed beads on the pod. Sprinkling the flower with clear glitter added more sparkle.


Prima Marketing papers were added to the tag in layers followed by a piece of vellum to give an ethereal look to the tag. Then my chipboard pieces were adhered to the tag. 



I'll see you in a couple of weeks with more tags finished for the Tags In A Box set

Thanks for visiting today.
Nancy Wethington

1 comment: