Sunday, February 26, 2017

Victorian Frame and Easel Set...

Hey everyone it's been an amazing month on the blog with all the gorgeous things everyone has shared with all of you... I really love all the products that GSLC has in the store so I can't wait to share my new frame that I made up this week.

Today's project is made with the "Victorian Frame and Easel" set.  It's a beautiful set with lots of gorgeous details in it and would be great to give or make for yourself to put in that special picture or quote from your favorite stamp.  I made mine to put in my crafty room so I did it in a pretty pink.


Below i have a simple tutorial to make this beautiful frame.


To start you will need to glue all the easel pieces together so that you can paint it. Let them dry.


Paint 1 to 2 coats on both the fronts and backs of all the pieces that you see above you.  Let them dry.
( I didn't end up using the smaller bits but it's better to paint it all at once just in case)


To add some texture on the front of my easel I picked a pretty stencil and some gesso and added the design to it.  I let that dry and then washed over the front with pink paint.  I also chalked around the edges with a darker pink chalk ink to give it a bit of shading so it wasn't so flat looking.  Then I glued the frames together and let them dry.  You can always add the photo inside later.


Then when all of the paint was dry I added pretty clusters of flowers to both sides of the frame and a few pearls to the sides to make it really lovely.  It's like a rose garden for inside your house.


Thanks so much for stopping by today to see what is new and be sure and leave a comment to let me know what you think or if you have a question about anything.  

Supply List:

Pink Chalk paint
Flowers/ Pearls
stencil/gesso
chalk ink in a darker pink
Beacon 3 in 1 adhesive
white jute


Have fun and enjoy your crafty weekend!!

Teresa





No comments:

Post a Comment