Tuesday, March 7, 2017

A Small Book of Butterflies (and a couple of ladies)

When I saw this tiny, cute little Shaped Edge Micro Mini album, I knew I had to play with it. About the same time, I was given Prima's Forever Green 6x6 paper pad and everything fell into place. Love all the tiny butterflies and illustrations in the pad and it turns out to be perfect for the wee album that was forming itself in my head.
This was a pretty straight forward project. I started out painting the back of the album pieces with black acrylic paint. And cut all the paper backgrounds I needed for each page, front and back.
 I played with the papers, cutting out the images that appealed to me and looked about the right size. I'm not sure how it happened, but the ladies wanted to get in on the act......
I started composing the pages, playing with the shapes and when things fell into place the gluing began!
After things dried, I began embellishing, first with a Sharpie paint pen. I used the poster paint one as it dries very quickly. (and everyone knows I have no patience!)
I love the contrast of the black backgrounds and the white dots.
I added little touches of metal findings and a bit of sparkle with some Swarovski flat back crystals.
One of the ladies looking quite fetching with her orange butterfly.....
I also used a black permanent marker to make contrasting dots on some of the lighter papers as you can see above on right hand page.

The Punch Elements Deco labels were a fun addition and adding some micro beads to the page gave it extra dimension.


These ladies just keep fluttering by.

Supply List
Shaped Edge Micro Mini Album
Punch Elements Deco Set(coming soon)

Additional Supplies
Black acrylic paint
Binder rings
Metal findings
Dresden Trim
White Sharpie paint marker
Swarovski flat back crystals

Thank you for dropping by!





1 comment:

  1. This is GORGEOUS Lora. I love the dramatic colors and butterflies, dragonflies and these ladies were a perfect choice. Seamless. TFS.

    ReplyDelete