Sunday, March 5, 2017

Live in a Dream World ICAD by Ginny

Hey there Peeps! So let me tell you I have been bitten by the ICAD bug. I'm creating a mixed media inspired index card every day to enjoy some fun crafty time and to expand my skills working with mixed media supplies.  This card was inspired by the gorgeous Dreamcatcher  with feathers and a thoughtful quote....Live in a Dream World.
So this index card is a standard 3 x 5 inches.  I gave it a generous coat of Mod Podge then applied a text printed background tissue paper. Next a layer of Gesso to knock back the pattern. Gelato's create the bright colors and very blended background.

The Dreamcatcher chippie is creating a nice balance on the corners.
I chose the sentiment to tie into the chippie....the dream world in the Dreamcatcher. Keeping the feathers white brightens up the arrangement.

I selected the chippies and gave them a basecoat of flat white acrylic paint. Next I added Gelato's with the center remaining white and the colors getting darker as it goes out. Using a small text stamp I detailed the lighter sections with a random pressing of the stamp.
I clipped the hoop into two sections adding one to the top and one to the bottom. Tombo Multi was a great adhesive to attach the thinner sections.


After attaching the feathers I decided to top them off with a few little flowers that were finished with more Gelato's and a water brush. Adding a tiny brad to the center is last but not least.
I'll be adding this card to my collection of ICAD and maybe even do a little journaling to the backs.
Gypsy Soul Chippies~ Dreamcatcher.

Wishing all of you a happy and productive day with lots of time to be creative : ) G




No comments:

Post a Comment