Monday, March 6, 2017

Spring chics


 Hi Everyone,
I have some sassy birds for you today.



I started by coating my tag with a layer of collage medium and add bits of ripped tissue wrap.  Next I scribbled a light layer of  Distress Crayon in several colors.


In the one you see here I used colors that reminded me of a sunset.  I placed a stencil over the tag and rubbed away some of the crayon using an almost dry baby wipe.

I buy the cheapest baby wipes I can find.  They tend to be rough and pretty dry(not exactly what you'd want to use on a baby's bottom, but awesome for crafting). For the final step on the tag I added speckles of black and gold paint.  I also used some gold paint and just smeared it with my fingers.

Obviously, this is a close up of one of the other tags, but you can see the speckles. 


I took one of the bird nests from the For the Birds set. I inked the top part using brown Distress inks. The bottom piece is embossing using a sand color.


I cut out a vintage lady and plopped her in the nest.  I decided the tag needed a bit more interest so I used a stencil and distress crayon to make the tracks down the side. Once the sentiment was added I randomly scribbled around on the tag.



I decided she needed some friends so I made a couple more tags using the same technique and different bits of the For the Birds set.


I hope you like the girls and try to make some of your own!

No comments:

Post a Comment