Sunday, April 30, 2017

The start of something new . . .

I love trying various techniques on Gypsy Soul Laser Cuts chipboard. And being on the Prima Marketing Educator Team allows me to marry both products.


With the start of a new mini-book, I'm needing something for the cover. The theme of the book is outdoors/summer/bees/butterflies but not a beach theme (I'm landlocked here in the Midwest). I chose Gypsy Soul Laser Cuts Grass & Foliage.

Here are the steps to this little project:

  1. Paint the chipboard with a layer of Prima's White Gesso. Let dry.
  2. Add a layer of Prima's Clear Crackle Texture Paste. You can see from the photo below that I dab it on rather than perfectly paint it. This will allow various crackle and not such an *even* crackle. Let dry.

3.  Once the crackle is dry, add a layer of your favorite paint. Mine for this project is Prima's Opal Magic Violet-Green. The variances of this paint is gorgeous. Let the paint layer dry.



4.  Next, it's time for another layer. The buttery texture of Prima's waxes are incredible. And do they smell luscious! For this chippie I used Bronze Age and Lucky Emerald. I applied with my finger and slightly rubbed it into the paint.


And the finished product:



Here's the mini-book cover in it's completed state:



Hope you enjoyed this simple tutorial. Thanks for visiting today!

Gypsy Soul Laser Cuts Education Team
Prima Marketing Endorsed Educator


No comments:

Post a Comment