Sunday, May 14, 2017

Baby's 1st Year Mini book

Happy Mother's Day to all of you and from all of us here at GSLC hope you have lots of fun things planned for today to have fun with your moms and for all you mom's have lots of fun enjoying your kids.


I am working at the castle today but had some time to share a quick project that I did for a new mom to be and coworker at my job.  Her and her husband are super excited for this new little man to come into their lives and I wanted to make something special to remember their first year with him.

So to begin this project you will need lots of jungle papers, stickers, beautiful chipboard pieces from the GSLC store, ribbons, chalks and adhesives to glue it all together.


First cut papers to fit your book and glue them on the front, back, the sides and on the insides.  Sand around the edges and ink with Gingerbread chalk ink. Set it aside and let it dry completely.  


On the top of my book I used a  frame set called  multifunctional frame - Damask,  It's a beautiful set with a huge solid back round for a picture or whatever you decide to make and also a pretty floral edged border that goes all around it.  For mine I wanted to make it the focus of the front cover and since I was just putting letters and stickers in the center I decided to use one of the texture sheets to ink a design on the back with white ink.  


To do this you need a small or large sponge dauber and gently sponge the white ink onto the back of the frame through the texture sheet as you see above.  If you use the ink on an unfinished surface it will soak in a little more and be light like mine is.


For the frame I used 2 different colors of chalk ink and inked them all around the frame both front and back.  Chalk inks work great on the chipboard because you can blend them really easy and add more color if you need it.  Let this dry.


Next you need to glue the two pieces of the frame together and then glue it to the front of the book as you see above.  Add a couple of books on top so that the glue will hold and flatten it nicely.  I also added a thin layer of chalk ink over the cobblestone white part of the frame to distress it a little more. Just lay the small chalk ink flat over the top and gently wipe across with the sponge part.  (Your old inks are great for this because they give things just a touch of color instead of big dark stains like brand new inks would do) 


When it is dry-- add adhesive letters and stickers to decorate it.  I also added a few tiny little flowers that matched and lots of ribbons, twine and yarns to the side of my book.


Inside I added lots of pretty papers and then did little tiny cards with the papers and stickers to go on a few of the plastic pages for the pictures.  I also added some pages in the back to record notes and funny stories about the babies first year.  There are so many neat things that happen I didn't want her to miss a moment or not have enough space for pictures to remember them. 



I have a few more things to put in before I send it off to her but I have a good start and I hope that she likes it.  If you would like a supply list for this be sure and read on ahead so you can make one too.

Supply List:

Gslcuts supplies:
Multifunctional frame - Damask

Other supplies:
Safari Paper set- Hobby Lobby
Chipboard Book with clear photo pages
Chipboard letters- Amy Tangerine
Flowers- Paper studio
Momento lux ink in Wedding Dress
Chalk inks in Gingerbread, Sahara Sand and Aloe Vera
Scrapbook Adhesives double sided tape
Scotch Tacky Glue
Ribbons
Paper trimmer, scissors and Nail file


No comments:

Post a Comment