Thursday, May 4, 2017

My new favorite chip by Nancy Wethington . . .



Every time Gina creates a new piece it becomes my favorite. This one was no exception. In the gslcuts store, it's called Botanical Journaling Blocks. I call them gorgeous. They come in 3 sizes per pack. This one is the medium size. Here's how I altered it:


I first painted the edges with Prima Marketing White Gesso. Then traced around the outside edge so I could later cover it with decorative paper.

Next, added Art Glitter Glue to the outside edge and, while it was still wet, sprinkled glitter on top. Let dry thoroughly before lifting off the catch-all tray.



Once it was dry, I added color with Prima's Alchemy paints:  Opal Magic on the leaf; Aqua Rose on the top flower; Rose Gold on the bottom flower.





To add some shadows to the painted flowers, I used Prima Marketing's new Antique Brilliance cremes. I can't get enough of these. There are so many uses! Put a little on your finger or soft cloth (I recommend using your finger) and rub into the corners and crevices. It not only gives a beautiful sheen but another layer/shadow. 

Once I had the decorative paper on the Botanical Journaling Block, I felt it needed a bit more - maybe something horizontal to go with the vertical design.

Enter: Stackable Labels Shape Set to the rescue.


Since I wasn't sure which one I wanted to use, I prepped 2 different ones with Prima's White Gesso. Once that was dry, I added a layer of Prima's Clear Crackle Texture Paste. After that layer dried, a thin layer of blue-ish/green acrylic paint went on smoothly and crackled perfectly! 

After applying Art Glitter Glue to the outside of the Stackable Label it received a dusting of seed beads and an additional mini-postcard from Prima Marketing.

Prima flowers, miscellaneous ribbon and a Prima heart charm were added to the front. By the way, I wanted to tone down the bright copper of that charm, so I added some of Prima's Antique Brilliance to the top to give it a bit of a rustic look.

Thanks for sticking with me through this tutorial. See you again in a couple of weeks!


Gypsy Soul Laser Cuts products used:

No comments:

Post a Comment