Sunday, June 18, 2017

Sand on the Seashore Shadow Box by Ginny

Hey there Paper Peeps! Ginny here with an extra special project I created as a gift for my Daughter in Law for her Birthday. The story behind this project is our first vacation we took all together after she joined our family. We went on holiday to the beach as we do for Christmas and had a wonderful time. She and I happened into a craft store and she found a little package of glass bottles and mentioned how much she liked them. A light bulb went off and I decided right then and there to create a shadowbox for her and include a tiny bottle filled with sand from the beach from our first family trip.
I altered many chippies to embellish a recycled candy box to create the shadow box.
 


There's the little jar of sand. I wrapped a bit of twine around it and added some tiny key charms.
 
A vintage jewelry finding was layered onto the altered chipboard for accent.
 

Loads of flowers to coordinate with the beachy color scheme and to disguise the structure holding the tiny sand jar. There's a printed bible verse in the frame with a lovely sentiment to let her know how much we love her.

I created faux netting by spraying cheese cloth then twisting it in and around the flowers and inside the box.  A few little loops of roping completes the nautical embellishing.
1. Wipe down the chippies to prepare them to be altered. 2. The base is finished with a layer of flat white acrylic paint and the flourish pieces are dabbed with Distress Paint in Peacock Feathers. 3. I'm incorporating the portion of the chippies that would usually be discarded to create the front opening of the box. It's been finished with the Distress Paint  and the snipped Deco Frame pieces are also. Using 3D Matt I adhered the flourish pieces to the frame base and allowed it to set. 4. The Deco Frame pieces are added to the box front and ready to attach to the candy box. I filled in the frame with Sugar Glitter Paste then sprinkled in 3D Powder and Micro Beads. This took quite a while to dry but well worth it!
A generous coat of Glitter Paste tops off the frame. I decided to grunge up the sides just a bit too which you can see in the finished pictures : )
Gypsy Soul Chippes~Deco Frames 6 Inch, Doodle Frame Rectangle.

Okay that's all for me. Wishing everyone a happy and productive day : ) G

No comments:

Post a Comment