Sunday, July 30, 2017

"Best Friend" altered photo frame

Hi there! Lynne here with a wooden picture frame from Dollar Tree that I altered with some great Gypsy Soul pieces and a little stencilling, mist and this 'n that!


I started by priming the frame with antique white acrylic paint, then figuring out which chipboard pieces and other embellishments I wanted to use and their placement. I then primed them with the same paint.


I added some stencilling with texture paste, then attached all the embellishments-I used white glue for the chipboard and hot glue for the flowers. I also added some drywall tape and one more coat of paint over the whole thing.


Before misting, I spongepainted the whole surface (including the embellishments)with white and light blue acrylic paints for some background variation.

Misting is fun! I just sprayed with pretty much every shade of blue I could find in my stash, adding a little more colour in some areas, until I was happy with the effect. I added turquoise microbeads to the heart and clear ones to the wings, and attached the large clear embellishments with hot glue. The quote banner was fussy-cut from patterned paper (unfortunately I'm not sure what line it's from) and popped up with dimensional Glue Dots.



The frame came without glass, so I just cut a piece of clear acrylic packaging to put over my photo, a "selfie" which I took about a year ago on my bestie's balcony. Thanks so much for stopping by; I hope you too have a fabulous best friend in your life like I do!

GYPSY SOUL ITEMS USED

Steampunk Shape Set 
Five petal flowers with flourishes-coming soon
Valentine shape set

OTHER ITEMS USED

acrylic paint
glimmer mists
Crafter's Workshop and Prima stencils
texture paste
drywall tape microbeads
white glue, hot glue gun and Glue Dots

No comments:

Post a Comment