Monday, October 16, 2017

Tell Tale Heart

Hi Everyone,
It's Jess back with some more Halloween fun for you.  Today I bring you a little bit of Poe.

 Here's how you can make your own.

Take a brown paper sack and crumple it up.  I crumpled and uncrumpled mine several times to get the wrinkles the way I liked them.  I glued the bag to the Faux Book Box using Distress Collage Medium.  Once the collage medium was dry I used Distress Stains to color the paper. I kept adding and wiping away the stain until I was happy with the color.
I added Distress Crayon in Ground Espresso to the book to highlight the wrinkles.
Next I embossed a couple Stackable Labels and glued them to the cover of the book. 
Printers Ornament Corners were added to the spine. 
I added a little sticker to the side. 


The inside of the box is covered with a paper that looks like weathered wood and the edges are embossed.  
A faux pocket watch has a picture of Poe inside.  I colored the edge with alcohol inks.  Silk sari ribbon was dyed using Distress Stains and Alcohol Inks.  
The heart was painted a bright red mixed with some umber.  Once the paint was dry I added a layer of crackle medium.  When the medium started to dry I heated  it up.  This caused lots of bubbling.  I added another layer of paint and the dripped alcohol ink on it too. 
I added the heart to the box using a bit of wire.  The heart hangs in there freely so it bumps against the box.  Very appropriate for the Tell Tale Heart.  
Happy Halloween!




Gypsy Soul Laser items used:
Faux book box
Printers ornament corners
Stackable labels



4 comments: