Friday, December 1, 2017

Christmas Countdown Shadow Box

Hello!! It's Jennalee here today. How is it already December? I have been in full Christmas Crafting mode here. This project is inspired by the beautiful advent calendar made by Paula Cheney. As I was thinking of making my own version I thought that the Mini House Room would be the perfect piece for a Christmas scene and calendar.





Start by assembling and gluing together your Mini House Room. 



Cut Background paper to size and decorate as desired. Cut coordinating paper to size for all remaining surfaces of the Mini House Room. I ran all my pieces thru my Xyron for quick application. I covered all of the exposed edges with design tape. 




I used the numbers from Tim Holtz's Christmas Alpha Tiles. I colored them with Gold Alcohol Ink. I did need two packs of the Alpha Tiles to have enough numbers. I used a nail to poke a hole thru the House and used mini brads to hang my numbers on. 






Then came the fun part!! Making a mini scene within the box. For the snow I used Grit Paste and Distress Rock Candy. I added snow to the peak of the roof and the floor of the house. The tree is a mini bottle brush tree. I removed it's original base and added it onto a bingo marker.



I am so excited to start counting down to Santa's arrival!! I hope you enjoyed this quick tutorial. And I hope you are finding time to sneak in some Christmas crafting. Happy Creating ~ Jennalee 


GSLCuts items used:






No comments:

Post a Comment