Sunday, December 31, 2017

Getting ready for Spring in the garden

Hi everyone, Heather here today,  I hope you all had a fantastic Christmas, and that you have a very happy and prosperous New Year. Talking about New Year it will soon be time to start thinking about sorting out the garden. I don't know about you but my garden always looks miserable just before Spring, I start looking for the snowdrops to appear, then all the yellow flowers like crocuses, daffodils and primroses, then I know that Spring is around the corner and my garden will brighten up. I thought that I would make a card to remind me that I need to get started in the garden so that it will begin to look better ready for Spring and Summer. Below are just some of the items that I used from my Gslcuts stash, which is nowhere near the thousands of products that are on the store. Go and have a look yourself, you will be amazed at all the items you can find to enable you to make your own artwork. Sorry I had put gesso on the wheelbarrow and some of the Ivy before I remembered that I had to take a photo, so this is a before and after picture. The wheelbarrow I coloured with Creative expressions gilding polish as I did with the Ivy.



The stackable flowers and the picket fence I decided to cover in paper  so I glued the paper onto the shape then cut round it.( I used small scissors but a sharp craft knife is just as good)purely because they are easy to cut out and cover, and it makes the item a bit more interesting, the little tree  I had already painted with Gesso then  coloured that with creative expressions gilding polish




I found this lovely Bo Bunny paper on my stash of digital papers it is from the Bo Bunny Country garden collection, and is packets of seeds, which I thought was appropriate


Below is a picture of the tree, flowers and some rose leaves that were in my GSL box that I thought would look good as well. The rose leaves were also painted with Gesso and covered in Gilding polish



The flowers are just covered in different patterned paper, stacked together with glue in the middle then a brad put through all the layers which also helps to keep them together.
Now you need inspiration as to how to put the articles you have chosen together to form your project
Here is a picture of mine before deciding where to put everything.

My finished project will be on a later blog post, { January 30th. to be precise)so keep checking if you would like to see what I have done and in the mean time how about making your own and seeing how it differs from mine.
Go onto the store and have a look for more relevant items as well that can be added to your project, there are plenty there. I would like to wish everyone a very happy and prosperous New Year, hope everything goes well for you and your families.

GSL items used:
.



No comments:

Post a Comment