Sunday, December 10, 2017

Santa's Sleigh gift idea




Hi and welcome to the GSLC Blog!  Christmas is fast approaching so I have a quick idea to share that you can do for friends or co workers to decorate for the holidays.  I used the "Santa Sleigh" chipboard kit in the shop to make my project and it was super fun and easy to do. And.... Below I have a quick tutorial for you all on how I did it so I hope you have a minute to read on and see.


1. Step one you are going to glue together the sleigh and let it dry.

2. Then paint the entire sleigh with red paint and let that dry.


3. For the details on the sides I decided I wanted to make a metallic look on them so I inked them up with gold Delicata ink and then embossed it with gold embossing powder from Tim Holtz.  


This gave the pieces a subtle gold tone with a really pretty metal texture.  Set these aside.


4. Take the patterns for the side that you get in the set and use them to cut 2 pieces for the sides of the sleigh with red dotted paper to match. 


5. Ink all around each of the side pieces to darken them just slightly like you see above.  Glue the red dotted pieces to the sides of the sleigh.  Let dry.


6. Glue the gold pieces onto the sides of your sleigh to finish it.  And wha la... you have the cutest little sleigh to add a floral design or even cookies or a gift for a very special someone this holiday!!


For my sleigh I added a piece of styrofoam inside and then added Christmas floral picks and greenery to make a pretty arrangement.  And of course a pretty bow to add extra sparkle just because it's Christmas.


And here is a quick closeup of the details in the sides.  I love this part and it gives it that extra wow and just a bit more stability to the sleigh.  It was really fun and easy to make and I hope you try one!

Supply List:


Americana Satin paint in red
Bo Bunny dot paper in red
Delicata Ink in gold
Gold embossing powder
Heat tool, scissors, pencil, paintbrush
styrofoam square, christmas greenery


No comments:

Post a Comment