Saturday, February 3, 2018

A Day At The Circus House Pins

Happy Saturday everyone! I've been playing with the super versatile GSL House Jewelry Pieces. I considered using them as a focal point in a larger assemblage but kept coming back to the idea of turning them into actual jewelry and decided on a trio of quirky circus themed pins.


I love to play with tiny train figurines in my crafting and have a collection of HO (1:87) scale figures in my stash. I chose a little girl with her hand in the air and decided to give her a bunch of balloons to hold. I started with the 1.5 inch house. These little houses come in two pieces, a background piece and an overlay. They couldn't be easier to assemble!  I primed the front, sides and rear of the chipboard pieces with white acrylic paint as a base. For this one I used Lumiere Pearl White for the finished look.
 
I chose a scrap of sky paper as her background, and drew in a few balloon 'strings' using a microfine white pen.
 
After gluing the sky paper onto the base I adhered the overlay on top using tacky glue. The 'mylar' balloons were made by snipping the heads off of some pearlized ball head straight pins. I gave my tiny train girl a bit of grass to stand in using a felt scrap, then glued the balloons in place with a strong adhesive ( E6000). 
The only thing left to add was a small pin  back.She's pretty adorable. 

                                 


For my next pin, I used the 2.25 inch house and an HO scale ringmaster with his dancing bear.  I used Lumiere Pearl Turquoise paint for the frame and a cheerful striped background.
 
This piece got a  circus poster courtesy of the US Post Office. They featured a series of vintage circus poster stamps in their USPS Philatelic Stamp Catalog that were just charming.  I gave the bear a decorative mosaic tile to stand on.  The finishing touch was a small star sequin with a pin ball glued to the center.

After quick assembly, it's done.



My final pin was made from the smallest house which is just over an inch tall. For this one, I selected the Greatest Show on Earth roaring lion image (my favorite) and glued it onto an orange scrap of paper for the background. I used Lumiere Halo Pink-Gold paint for the frame and finished this one with a blue star sequin and pin ball.


Simple and cute!

I think they're going to live on my jeans jacket.  

Thanks for stopping by!

Gypsy Soul Laser Items Used
  
Other Items Used
Scrapboook paper scraps
Lumiere pearlescent paints
HO scale figures
Felt scrap
Ball head pins
Star sequins
Mosaic tile
Pin backs
Tacky glue
E6000 glue

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE these!!!! So clever. I want to make a million of them.

    ReplyDelete