Monday, February 5, 2018

Love Bugs


Hi Everyone, 
Jess here today with the cutest little captured Love Bugs! When I saw these new canning jars I knew I needed to capture something adorable in them. Scroll down and see how you can capture your own. 


Cover your Mini Canning Jar lid using a silver embossing powder.  While the powder is still hot press in your scissors to make the lines on the lid.
Cover the edges of your jar with Fractured Ice embossing powder. 

Cut a piece of acetate to line the back of your jar.  It doesn't need to look pretty, it just needs to cover up to the edges.  

Cut wings out using the Tim Holtz Butterfly Frenzy Die.  This die has a ton of different small butterflies on it, so you can mix and match your wings.  I edged all of the wings using Distress Inks. Color in your paper doll using Distress Markers.  I used the smallest of the paper dolls in these jars.  Give each doll a heart and place them on a small piece of paper from the Tim Holtz wallflower paper collection.    
Glue your paper doll to the paper and glue the paper to the jar.  Trim your paper so nothing shows from the sides.  Cover the 
 using vintage book paper and embellish with rub ons, stickers, and scribbled gel pen. Glue your jar to the ATC.  Add a stick pin to the top of the jar. 

Paint the back of your ATC black and add a little story using stickers.  These are from the Tim Holtz clippings pack.  Use gel pen to doodle and scribble around the stickers.  

There are three cards in the Chunky ATC blanks package, so I created a trio of Love Bugs.  


The little guy was actually my first Love Bug.  I got so excited when I made him that I didn't take my step out photos.  

I love how I was able to get twins in this jar! 

To complete the display I painted the ATC Stand black and edged it in gold.  Now my fairies can be displayed properly. 
I hope you enjoy and try to catch some love bugs of your own!

GSLcuts items used

8 comments:

  1. Oh Jess, these little love bugs are perfection! I love the way your jars turned out, giving the lids a look of dimension was genius! The wings and papers complement everything so well, I absolutely adore all of these little gems! Such a wonderful trio you have made!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ann! I love using such a good heavy embossing powder. It makes it easy to create dimension.

      Delete
  2. This is just awesome-"sauce" ;) I LOVE how you created the glass side to the jar and that embossed top is fantastic. But the paper dolls inside are just so original and clever! Love it. Thanks for sharing the step out too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Zoe! I’m so glad you enjoyed the project.

      Delete
  3. Adorable captured lovebugs!! A great idea for the jars and ATC set. I love that each and a little story on the back!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jennalee! Aren’t the little stories fun?!

      Delete
  4. What an incredibly original idea!! Leave it to you to could come up these adorable love bugs!! Doing the jar edges with fractured ice was the perfect touch. Always inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Cathy! You know the fractured ice is like magic.

      Delete