Saturday, May 19, 2018

Wedding Invitation Reliquary

The GSL Arch Top Reliquary is the perfect way to display our wedding invitation. We had a very small get together, just 20 invitees. We were married at home by the mayor of our little town followed by brunch at a french bistro. It was such a small affair, it didn't make sense to have invitations engraved so I was thrilled when I found pretty blank bride cards and hand wrote our invitation inside. She's been in a box for many years, it is wonderful to see her every day now! 
The reliquary is super simple, just two pieces. I chose a piece of blue Graphic 45 fauna paper from their Botanical Tea collection and got out my stash of white flowers.
I gave the base back and overlay pieces a coat of white acrylic paint, including the edges. 
To give the front a bit of shimmer, I added Martha Stewart glitter paint in Sugar Cube.
Using the front as a guide, I cut the paper to fit on top of the base, then cut the bride to fit inside.
Using tacky glue, I adhered the paper onto the base, added the bride and attached the arch frame overlay. I used craft clips to hold everything in place while the glue dried.
She of course needs a big diamond ring so I added a flat back rhinestone to her finger and a few flat back pearls to the buttons of her dress. 
 The final touches include a few more pearls, some white flowers and tiny bows.





Thanks for stopping by!

Gypsy Soul Laser Items Used

Other Items Used
Graphic 45 fauna paper
Wedding invitation
White acrylic paint
Martha Stewart glitter paint in Sugar Cube
Tacky glue
White flowers
Tiny bows
Flat back pearls
Flat back rhinestone

No comments:

Post a Comment